The following policies have been established to ensure that everyone enjoys their stay at LOG VILLAGE & GRIST MILL CAMPSITE. We have established policies that benefit the majority, provide consideration for other campers, and safeguard the beauty of the park. Many of our policies are the direct result of APA rules and regulations. Some of the policies may be inconvenient at times, but they are necessary if we are to continue to provide the finest campground for your enjoyment.
1. Season: May 1st 2014 and year round.
2. Campsites: Cars must be parked in the parking lot at all times except for when unloading bags on arrival day or loading bags on departure day. The campsite is a car free zone for everyone’s safety. Motorbikes / ATVs may be parked next to where the guests camp or in the parking lot, and must adhere to 5 MPH speed limit. Site must be kept orderly, clear, and maintained. Minimum charge of $20.00 incurred if guests do not abide by the above.
3. Refunds and Cancellation: If you need to cancel your stay, you must give us more than 24 hours notice for a full refund. Less than 24 hours notice of cancellation incurs a $20.00 cancellation fee. Refunds will not be given if Guests choose to leave before end of booked stay or are evicted for policy violations.
4. Visitors other than immediate family, must register at office upon arrival (even when riding with Guest) and must be visiting a Guest who is present on the grounds. It is the Guest’s responsibility to register visitors riding with the Guest or arriving with him/her when the office is open. Visiting hours: 9:00AM to 9:00PM, maximum of 4 visitors. (Exceptions may be preapproved by office). All visitors, if staying overnight, must pay an overnight fee for each night. Guest is accountable for all visitors, who should be informed of campground policies.
5. Quiet Hours: 11:00PM to 8:00AM. No disturbing sounds or noises are to be heard off the site or anywhere on the grounds.
6. Speed Limits: 5 MPH on grounds (or walk). ONLY licensed operators may operate vehicles.
7. Children are not to be left unattended if you depart from the grounds, are not allowed to play on fences or in or around the restroom and shower areas. Under 8 years must be accompanied to the restrooms and showers by an adult. All under age of 21 years must properly wear a safety helmet when riding bicycles, headlights must be used after dark, and all cyclists must ride at a reasonable speed and not skid tires when stopping. Children are to be at their campsite with a responsible adult after dark.
8. Pets must be leashed at all times and walked with a short leash. Do not leave your pet unattended at any time to bark, howl, whine or yowl. No cables/chains wrapped around trees is allowed; this damages the bark. Current rabies vaccination certificate required by NYS law. Aggressive dogs not allowed. Pets MUST always be supervised and poop picked up.
9. Fires must be in an approved enclosure, No fires are to be pyramided or have flames more than 2 feet high. Absolutely no fires between 12:00PM and 8:00AM. No fires are to be left unattended. ALL FIRES MUST BE EXTINGUISHED before leaving or retiring with 10-15 gallons of water to prevent rekindling.
10. Smoking is permitted outside of cabins and away from other guests. NO SMOKING INSIDE YURTS or BATHHOUSE. Please inform your guests.
11. ATV’s, Snowmobiles and Motorcycles are permitted. Consideration of other campers, quiet time and speed limit within the campground must be adhered to.
12. Restroom sinks are not to be used for washing dishes or clothes. Please use facilities within the launderette.
13. Refuse Disposal is at the recycle area near the bathroom. Please refer to recycling policies for proper handling. On site, no refuse is the be stored or remain on your site. NO GARBAGE OR PLASTIC IS TO BE BURNED as according to New York State law.
14. Black/Gray Water, grease, or ashes are not to be dumped on the ground according to New York State law.
15. Firearms: BB, pellet guns and firecrackers are not permitted. Violators will be turned in to authorities.
16. Privacy of other campers is to be respected. Do not walk or drive through any site, vacant or occupied. Please remind your children and visitors of that. Guest is responsible for the actions and deeds of their children and visitors.
17. For Sale: Signs, commercial ventures, enterprises, or solicitation require approval of the management. Guest will remunerate a minimum of $200.00 or 10% of the selling price for all private sales from within the campground.
18. Trees and flora are part of the beauty of our park. Cutting and trimming is not allowed without prior permission of the management. NO nails, large ropes, wires or cables are to be attached to trees. DO NOT REMOVE BRANCHES FROM STANDING TREES, alive or dead. $50.00 (or more) assessment for willfully damaging, cutting, breaking branches, or peeling bark from trees, in addition to possible eviction. All branches and trees will be assessed at $5.00 per inch.
We take pride in Log Village & Grist Mill Campsite. Our plans for future enhancement, individual comfort and enjoyment may require a periodic policy change. We encourage suggestions and ideas because improvements over the years are often a direct result of your input.